7. Friday, November 13
Decolonizing the museum
- Synchronous discussion: 1:30pm-2:30pm PST
- Guest lecture: Meranda Roberts, Field Museum, 3pm–4pm PST
- Begin assignment seven together: 4pm–5pm PST
Read and watch for this class:
- 🔒 Brown, Deidre, and George Nicholas. “Protecting Indigenous Cultural Property in the Age of Digital Democracy: Institutional and Communal Responses to Canadian First Nations and Māori Heritage Concerns.” Journal of Material Culture 17, no. 3 (September 1, 2012): 307–24.
- Investigate: Mukurtu CMS
- National Park Service, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA). Please familiarize yourself with this law.